How to use them with safety
Its better to Consult a qualified aromatherapist for the use of essential oils.
• Read the instructions. Please take the time to carefully read the instructions that come with the blend. It shouldn’t be used without a carrier oil, and will need to be diluted before use. Pure essential oils are very strong and rather harsh on the skin , so make sure that you do not accidentally use them directly on your skin.
You can’t use essential oils before sunbathing.
• Some essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy or by those with asthma, epilepsy, or with other health conditions.
• Test for allergies. Before you use the blend on your whole body, test to see if you are allergic to the oil. Apply a small bit of oil on your skin, and wait 24 hours to see if any allergies develop. If nothing happens, then feel free to use the blend.
• Use less, not more. Don’t apply too much oil, as this may have an adverse effect; just use as much as is necessary, or instructed. If you can make do with one drop, don’t use two.
• Keep away from children. Think of pre-blends (and indeed, all oils) as medicines that children should not be allowed access to. Aromatherapy oils should not be consumed internally, and this is especially true for blends, as a lot of other ingredients also go into them.
• Essential oils are flammable. Keep them out of the way of fire hazards
• Only for external use.